My photo
I'm a wannabe historian and librarian who uses writing, reading, crafts, and general geeky nerdiness to get through the trials and tribulations of everyday life.
I can't promise that this will be updated often. I can't even promise that the writing will be decent. That's what happens when you put your pen down for years at a time between writing anything. I can promise that I will try to improve my writing as I go.

Monday, November 5, 2007

NaNoWriMo Dares

There are dares in NaNoWriMo. You don't have to do them, but if you want to, you can incorporate them into your novel. The one that looks really interesting and I might use, in part, is this one:

- Have a character that compulsively play a song that fits with every scene on a portable music player or something.
- Bonus if the other characters notice this and comment on it
- Double bonus if, during a crucial/climactic scene, said character interrupts the drama/action by screaming, "I can't find a song that fits!"

I've already had elves dancing to Fever and Blue Moon. What other damage to the mythical world of the Fae could I do with this kind of dare?

Kim, may I borrow your freaky iPod?

No comments: